Permanent Resident Family Reunification | Sponsor your family to Canada



A conjugal partner is the person with whom you have had a binding relationship for at least one year, but you could not live together or marry for reasons beyond your control.

These reasons can be related but not limited to immigration barriers, religious reasons or sexual orientation.

Proving that the couple could not get married or cohabitated for the reasons mentioned above, however, they have enough proof to demonstrate a mutually interdependent relationship.



The average processing time for a spousal sponsorship application is 12 months. This time can vary according to the country of residence of the person to be sponsored, and the processing times in effect by the Canadian immigration offices at the time the application is submitted.
The complexity of the case can increase the time to reach a final decision, as well as an incomplete application. A well-prepared application will definitely help you avoid unnecessary delays and will increase your chances of receiving a prompt approval.
Please keep in mind that these processing times are ever changing.

We work at the pace of our clients but please bear in mind that the gathering of documents may take time. If there are documents missing, the application submission will be delayed until it is complete.

We can help you speed up the process by fully customizing the official checklist for you and by providing you with specific instructions on how and where to obtain the requested supporting documents. We can also guide you through the forms by explaining tricky questions, and by giving you insightful suggestions to help deal with more complex aspects of the process.

As your legal representatives, we will maintain contact with IRCC through the established channels and interpret for you all notifications and requests received from Immigration.

The sponsoree can work in Canada while the application is in process, only if the spousal application is submitted as an inside Canada application and not an overseas application. The sponsoree would need to include an open work permit application as part of the inside spousal application.

Yes, you can apply as common-law partners (as long as substantial proof of having lived together in an intimate relationship for at least 12 months consecutively can be provided) OR as conjugal partners (if you are able to prove that have had a binding relationship for at least one year, but could not live together for reasons beyond your control).

They can be included in the application as accompanying dependent children and receive permanent residence status along with the principal applicant (the sponsored sponsor). They will require a specific authorization from the other parent to permanently immigrate to Canada.

No, but there are alternative programs to help them immigrate. For more information, please contact us and we can provide a free assessment.


To find out if you meet the requirements of any Canadian program, you can complete the form below and/or return the in detailed questionnaire for a free assessment and a no obligation quote.

If you want to be contacted by phone, please indicate your availability: