Study and work in Canada at the same time | Castle & Co. | Call for Free

Getting a Canadian degree is an improvement for anyone’s education, and as a foreigner


Study and work in Canada at the same time

Getting a Canadian degree is an improvement for anyone’s education, and as a foreigner, this can help you increase your chances of becoming a Canadian Permanent Resident.

However, you have to take into consideration that it requires a considerable monetary investment as you will have to pay for immigration processes, like a study permit, visa, college or course tuition, and living expenses.

It may seem like too much all at once, but with sacrifice and perseverance, you can finish your education. Once in Canada with a Canadian educational certification, it will be easier to obtain a good job or to become a Canadian permanent resident.

While studying, you can work part-time, 20 hours a week, and ease some of the expenses.

Now, how do you apply? What do you need to start?

First, you will need to decide where you want to study. An excellent way to choose is by looking at the university or institution that best fits your needs, or by looking at the province that best suits your skills. For example, if you are better at French than English maybe Quebec, Nova Scotia or New Brunswick could be a right place for you; If you have a better English level, all of the provinces are at your disposition.

After you have chosen the province, you must research the university or institution with the program that best suits you. Please read the requirements they ask for, gather your papers and then apply. For this step it is not necessary to have any immigration status; you need to apply as an international student.

If you get accepted, the institution will provide an acceptance letter. That is the first and primary document needed to apply for a study permit; besides of course your passport and the forms required by the Canadian government. Payment is necessary for the government to process your application; this is a fixed fee.

Some countries will need a visa as well as a study permit. Find out if your country is visa exempt here.

Understand the application process. Read the requirements and steps involved. Make a list of the things that you don’t understand. If after some research, you still have the same questions contact an Immigration Consultant and book a consultation. Purchasing this type of service will give you an hour of questions and answers with an expert that will help you to understand the process and your new status while living in Canada.

It is also important to research the living expenses where you will be living and make a budget including, rent, essential services, food, transportation, and telephone costs. By doing so, you will buy time and have a better overview of real life living in Canada.

Studying in Canada increases your chances, and points, of being eligible for Express Entry or obtaining a job offer from a Canadian employer.

Your spouse or common-law partner can apply for an open work permit based on your obtained study permit. This way you can live in Canada together; under a legal status that will allow you both to work.

Think about the future and start making your life plan. Make decisions that will provide you an incredible long term benefit.