Permanent Residence for International Graduates
If you are a Temporary Resident with recent Canadian education certification, this is your chance to become a Permanent Resident
On April 12th, the government of Canada announced a temporary public policy to facilitate the granting of permanent residence for foreign nationals in Canada (outside Quebec), with a recent credential from a Canadian post-secondary institution.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic and the extended border closure, Canada is now turning to temporary residents already in the country to fulfill the 2021-2023 Immigration Levels goals set for this year. The Canadian government considers working graduate temporary residents as contributors to the labor market and key actors that support economic growth and counteract the country’s aging demographic.
Starting May 6th, if you are a graduate with a degree, diploma, certificate, or attestation from a DLI, you will be able to apply for this stream. Canada will keep the application process open until November 5th, only 40,000 applications will be received! Apply on time and don’t miss this great opportunity!
- Canadian education credential acquired from 2017 to 2021, from an 8-month or longer program, that leads to occupation in a skilled trade (see complete list).
- The candidate must have graduated from a post-secondary DLI, an institution in Quebec that offers 900 hours or longer leading to a DVS or AVS, or a Canadian private institution authorized by provincial law to give degrees.
- Valid language proficiency certificate, equal or superior to 5 in the CLB or NCLC.
- Be employed at the time of the application submission.
- Be in Canada under a valid temporary residence status.
Possibilities for Family Members
The Canadian Government has also taken into consideration family applications. Under certain circumstances, this new policy will also allow potential candidates to include family members in Canada or even abroad in their application.
To find out if you meet the requirements for this program, you can complete the form below and we will contact you for a free assessment.