Study and work in Canada at the same time | Castle & Co. | Call for Free

Getting a Canadian degree is an improvement for anyone’s education, and as a foreigner you may have the chance to study and work in Canada.


Study and work in Canada at the same time

Getting a Canadian degree is an improvement for anyone’s education, and as a foreigner, this can increase your chances of becoming a Canadian Permanent Resident.

However, you have to consider that it requires a considerable monetary investment. You will have to pay for immigration processes, like a study permit, visa, college or course tuition, and living expenses.

It may seem like too much all at once, but with sacrifice and perseverance, you can finish your education. Once you obtain a Canadian educational certification, it will be easier to get a good job to become a Canadian permanent resident.

Learn more about Study permits

Find out what you need to get one and contact us to assist you with your application.

While studying, you can work part-time, 20 hours a week, and ease some of the expenses.

How do you apply to study and work in Canada? What do you need to start?

First, you will need to decide where you want to study. An excellent way to choose a suitable institution is by looking at the university that best fits your needs or looking at what province best suits your skills. If you are better at French than English, then Québec, Nova Scotia or New Brunswick could be better options. If you are better at English, all of the provinces are at your disposition.

After you have chosen the province, you must research the university or institution with the program that best suits you. Please read the requirements they ask for, gather your documentation and then apply. At this stage in the process, it is unnecessary to have any immigration status. You will apply as an international student.

If the institution accepts you, you will receive an acceptance letter. Apart from your passport and the forms required by the Canadian government, an acceptance letter is the most valuable document needed to apply for a study permit. Tuition ayment (a fixed fee) is necessary for the government to process your application.

Some countries will need a visa and a study permit. Find out if your country is visa-exempt here.

Understand the application process. Read the requirements and steps involved. Make a list of the things that you don’t understand. After some research, if you still have the same questions, contact an Immigration Consultant and book a consultation. Purchasing this kind of service will give you an hour of questions and answers with an expert to help you understand the process and your new status while living in Canada.

It is vital to make a budget for your living expenses, considering rent, essential services, food, transportation, and telephone costs. By doing so, you will buy time and have a better overview of real-life living in Canada.

Studying in Canada increases your chances of being eligible for Express Entry or obtaining a Canadian employer’s job offer. You could even apply for a Post-graduation Work Permit (PGWP). 

Your spouse or common-law partner can apply for an open work permit based on your study permit, allowing you to live in Canada together, under a legal status that will concede you both to work.

Think about the future, and start making your life plan. Make decisions that will provide you with incredible long-term benefits.

Learn more about your permanent residence options

Find out what you need to get one and contact us to assist you on your application.