Study or visit Canada | Which visa do I need? | Castle & Co.

Study or visit

Travel to Canada

Want to study or visit Canada? The Great White North has a lot to offer to tourists and students alike. It is a large nation with an abundance of history, culture, and beautiful natural wonders. However, it has specific requirements for visitors, depending on nationality. Some foreign citizens will have an easier time entering Canada. Some may need a visa and others, an eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization). Only United States passport holders are not required visas or eTAs.

All International students interested in courses over six months in length need a study permit no matter their nationality. Annually,  Canada receives over 600,000 international students that are attracted to its famous educational system. Most international students choose Canada as an excellent future investment, being cost and quality effective.

If you want to study or visit Canada, click on any of these two options:

Toronto Landscape Canada

Preguntas Frecuentes

Yes. If your study permit allows you to work off-campus, you can only work 20 hours (part-time) with a study permit. You can work 40 hours (full-time) during scheduled breaks in the academic calendar.

You maintain the same status as the one that just expired while you wait for the answer to the application you submitted. This is called implied status. For example, you can still work in Canada if your work permit expires, and you had applied for an extension before it expired. If you submit an application after it expires, you will not have implied status.

Restoration of status means that you basically pay a fine to restore the legal status that you had. For example, if you had a work permit that has already expired, you will need to apply to restore your situation (this can be done within 90 days of the expiry date) along with applying for the new document. However, if your status is still valid, you just apply for an extension. Restoration is only applicable when the status that you had expired.

Applying at the border always represents more risk, so we typically advise our clients to apply online.

As part of our service, we will walk you through this process and send you the proper instructions on how to obtain the police certificates.

As part of our service, we will walk you through this process and send you the proper instructions on how to pay these fees. We give you the option to pay them yourself or include the costs in our service payments so that we can pay this on your behalf.

The sponsoree can work in Canada only if the spousal application is processed as an inside Canada application rather than outside Canada. When applying for the PR, the sponsoree can also apply for an open work permit, but not before the spouse sponsorship application is submitted.

Yes, if the applicant is travelling alone, a letter of acceptance is needed. Only if the underage applicant’s parents already have a work or study permit will the minor not need a letter of acceptance.

Contact Form