Skip to content

Call us for FREE Assesment
+1 (866) 518-3147

Caregiver Permit

Live the Canadian Work Experience!

Canadian employers use caregiver programs to find experienced foreign workers to assist in caring for children, elders, or people with high medical needs.

As a foreign worker, you must prove experience and knowledge in the tasks required to handle. You must also comply with other requirements like reading and understanding English or French.

Since June 2019, the Live-in Caregiver Program does not accept new applications. However, the Canadian government allows caregivers to be hired if they are already part of the program or need a new employer and already have a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) that demonstrates that they have approved a live-in arrangement.

Currently, there are pilot programs open for hiring foreign caregivers, such as the Home Child Care Provider (which already closed applications for 2021) or Home Support Workers. An LMIA is not required for these programs.

These are 5-year pilot programs that let qualified caregivers and their family members come to Canada with the goal of becoming permanent residents. The application process will vary depending on your situation and how much qualifying work experience you have.

Another option to work in Canada as a caregiver is by applying to the Temporary Foreign Worker Program. In this case, it is necessary to obtain a positive LMIA and you must apply for a regular work permit.

Get a FREE Assessment!

We offer an initial free phone call assessment to inform you of the immigration pathways that best suit you.

Frequently Asked Questions

As a licensed immigration consultancy firm, Castle and Co is not only authorized to provide you with advice and guidance. We can also represent you before the Canadian Government as your third party to minimize any errors or omissions with your applications. We work mainly with IRCC (Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada) for any immigration application and ESDC (Service Canada) for any foreign worker-related LMIA application.

Our many years of experience have taught us how to prepare solid applications and communicate effectively and efficiently with government institutions.

Call us or fill the contact form at the end of our FAQ to get a free assessment of your case.

Castle & Co is a consultancy firm that can provide services for the following immigration applications:

– Permanent Residence through Express Entry, Provincial Nominee Programs, or Quebec programs.

– Family Reunification through Spouse Sponsorship (spouse, conjugal, common-law), Parent & Grandparent Sponsorship, Dependent Children reunification, or others.

– Temporary Residence to acquire tourist visas, as well as study and work permits & visas.

– Citizenship preparation for permanent residents who have lived in Canada for more than three years.

– Consultations and expert reviews on your application if you are preparing it on your own.

We also help Canadian employers prepare a solid LMIA application to hire the foreign workers they need.

Call us or fill the contact form at the end of our FAQ to get a free assessment of your case. Call us or fill the contact form at the end of our FAQ to get a free assessment of your case.

We are not Immigration Lawyers. We are Immigration Consultants. Whether you choose a lawyer or consultant, it doesn’t generally change the nature of the services offered. Immigration Consultants are professionals specialized only in immigration-related matters. Lawyers can specialize in any legal area. When choosing your Immigration Consultant make sure he/she is licensed by the CICC.

Call us or fill the contact form at the end of our FAQ to get a free assessment of your case.

Hiring a licensed Immigration Consultant ensures that your case is put forward logically and professionally. The solidity and strength with which your case is translated into an application are key when assessment officers weigh its merits. Also, licensed immigration consultants ensure that your application for any Canadian immigration process is free from errors or omissions.

Immigration laws, regulations, forms, required documents and specific procedures can constantly change. Any mistake can lead to a refusal. With a certified consultant’s help, you are less likely to submit an incorrect or incomplete application, saving you time and money.

Call us or fill the contact form at the end of our FAQ to get a free assessment of your case.

Request a FREE Assessment

We guide, help, and advise our clients on the best way to work, study, visit or immigrate to Canada. We also help employers with LMIA applications and assess permanent residents to get their Canadian citizenship.

Attach a document (optional)

File(s) size limit is 20MB.